My name is Angela Stringer and was born and raised in Southern California. I have been married for 13 years and we have a 11 year old daughter a 9 year old son together. This is my 17th year of teaching with my experience ranging from kindergarten through 3rd grade. I am currently teaching 1st grade, which happens to be my favorite grade to teach! I try to create a warm, safe and loving environment where my students want to come and learn and feel safe to take risks. I like my children to explore and learn through doing. I believe children learn best when they are actively involved in hands on activities.
Each child is different and unique in their own way. The way they learn is specific to each individual student. Therefore, two hours of every day is planned for centers. With this technique, I am able to differentiate instruction to homogeneous groups of students. They receive instruction on their specific level and I am able to use different strategies since each group is made up of 4 -5 students.
I, myself, am a very visual and sequential learner. Therefore, my teaching always has a very specific order that makes sense. I also try to stay away from a lot of "teacher talk" (lectures), instead I believe a student centered environment with a lot of "student talk" is more effective for learning. In addition, I use a plethora of visuals including graphic organizers.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading!